California is not only a place I’ve called home, but there’s a certain magic to this West Coast favorite. From the coast lines that run the entire state, to giant Redwood forests, California is the perfect place to getaway.
This is the first of a new series you can find on my site, called “Travel Must See”. I will bring you along with me on my journey from iconic places to local hotspots and everything in between. You may have visited some of the places I will feature, or perhaps you’ve only admired them on Instagram, but there is ALWAYS something to discover, and I hope to show you new sites and sounds of each destination, even for the seasoned travel pros.
So what is first up in this series? Let’s start with one of my personal faves, The Golden Gate Bridge. This tourist destination is on many people’s bucket list, but it made my “Travel Must See” list for some many reasons!
Here are just a few:
* It is one of the most recognizable tourist attractions in the world! In other words, it will look good on your Insta page.
* Have you ever taken a ferry? It’s an experience you should have at least once. If you haven’t, this is the perfect place to do it!
* The bridge offers the perfect setting to hike and explore. Embrace the outdoorsy person in you; you can thank me later.
* Where else can you go and pay a toll fee ($7) with things like shoes, canes, and even false teeth if you forget your money?! (Totally true).
* It’s one of the most beautiful views you will ever see. Architectural and landscape, it’s a two-fer!
I could go on and on as to why this is one of my favorite places to visit each time I make it up to San Francisco, but I want you see it for yourself! Be sure to tag your photos in the comments and tell me about your trip!